February 23, 2017

Make an Application Plan

Tip: Get organized!
An essential thing to make for yourself is an Application Plan (click to enlarge below!). Call it what you may, but any one place (be it handwritten or digital) that contains all the information regarding your application plans will be mighty handy.



What made most sense to me was to separate the plan into the remaining semesters that I have at UOP. If you're on the quarter system, I would recommend doing it by that so you have a reference time frame.

The most important thing to document is the scholarship/program/course name and deadline. The other information could include its requirements, such as essays and number of recommendations required, so they stay on your radar and you don't have to check the website every time.

For all the points I listed, there was no specific date set yet for the deadlines, so that would have to be updated later; having a ballpark is still helpful though.

Another important thing to write down is what you are going to do ahead of time to be a strong applicant. For me, one of those things for this semester was to try to organize volunteer work with English-learning students. Something I should have written down is that I will be student teaching in Spring 2018.

This is just a little thing to make the application process easier!


No comments:

Post a Comment