February 21, 2017

My Teaching Experiences


Let's get personal!
Whichever path you endeavor, having some experience, whether volunteer or work, is a definite plus. For me, that would be for teaching.

On the left, you can find me, almost centered in the red shirt, blending in with my 1st/2nd grade communion students. I volunteered to co-teach Bible study at my local church for 3 years before I left for college. Although I want to teach older kids (high school), being the head of this classroom really energized me and reminded me every week of the passion I had for teaching/becoming a part of these young lives.

Though I haven't been teaching since college, I've been doing fieldwork (observing a 7th grade English Language Arts class) for almost a year now. And it excites me to say that I will be student-teaching in Spring 2018. I am definitely fast-tracking through this whole credential process, but I am learning so much on the way and very little has discouraged me from continuing in this career path. This is when I can proudly say that I've found my passion. Although I have so many skills to work on (one being public speaking), I know that through these experiences, I want to be a positive and inspiring image to young minds as a teacher. I imagine myself happy when I can see the development of my students.

And that's my quite short experience with teaching, and the story is still going on. Experiences like this will enhance my chances when I apply to scholarships such as Fulbright, but the most important thing is that it fulfills me as a growing individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment