March 21, 2017

TEFL Certification... Do I Really Need It?

This is a question I have been asking myself, considering that I will (hopefully) be graduating with Teaching Credentials by Spring 2018.
(What's TEFL? Check out my explanation here.)



There are programs that say that TEFL Certification is not required, but they really mean that it is highly preferred.

My two friends who taught English in Korea and Vietnam both received TEFL Certification before.
And to reiterate, in South Korean public schools, salary rises with the amount of certifications you have!

It should have been obvious to me before, but a California English Teaching Credential does not qualify me to teach English as a Foreign Language in a country abroad.

The answer is plainly, you should do it!
It gives you a huge edge when applying, because you've been taught to teach English as a foreign language.

EPIK makes it a little easier on us and has a link to see the "Accreditted TEFL Courses for EPIK."

No comments:

Post a Comment