March 08, 2017

Don't Get Overwhelmed... or Scammed

In my research, I realized how easy it is to get overwhelmed trying to accomplish this post-graduation goal.
Where do you start?  I only got my foot in the door by reaching out to 2 acquaintances that I found out had this teaching experience.
There's just such an abundance of resources online, some better than others (and some that will really deceive you).

 

Look at these captivating images advertising each respective blog's content; I found these on Pinterest and wanted to click on all of them! If you do, you'll find yourself wasting a lot of time...



One tip when searching on Pinterest is to look for the ones with the most pins.
You can find this number in gray under the bottom right corner of the accompanying picture. Typically, the reason they have so many pins is because other users see its usefulness and want to save and refer back to it later.

Another tip when you are surfing websites is to install the WOT (Web of Trust) extension.
I use this with Google Chrome. WOT simply gives you a red, yellow, green or gray (?) circle light on every website to let you know its reliability. Prevent yourself from a lot of fishy websites or even getting scammed with this extension.

Don't worry too much about finding the best option. There will always be better.
No matter how early I've started, I honestly don't think it's possible to be fully prepared for what is to come - keeping this in mind has relieved me from trying to perfect everything.

Just stay consistent and up to date with deadlines when you find the program, scholarship, or certification course for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment