February 04, 2017

Where to Travel

One of the first things to consider when teaching abroad is where. If you're like me, full of wanderlust, then this is quite a difficult task. Europe? Asia? South America?

Based on my personal contacts and online research, common places to teach English abroad include:

China                                                  Spain

Mexico City                                        Korea

But the options really don't stop there (Argentina, Russia, Vietnam, Japan, etc...) I listed the places above particularly because there seems to be more demand for learning English, thus a larger market for teaching English.

While considering where to go, you should do a little soul-searching and find why this location. It could be a spontaneous pick for adventure or a personal calling. With teaching abroad, you also get the opportunity to travel to nearby countries as well. Identifying why you want to go where first, though, will make the trip a whole lot more meaningful.

Though I am completely fascinated by Europe, my soul leans toward Asia. Being a Vietnamese-American myself who has never had the chance to go to Asia, Vietnam, Japan, and Korea all intrigue me. Going through college and the diversity of my university, I am excited by different cultural experiences.

From here, I plan on applying for scholarship funding or programs to multiple destinations.

*Update 03/03/17: I've decided to apply for the Vietnam Fulbright ETA Award and to apply to the English Program in Korea (EPIK).



No comments:

Post a Comment